Testing new FOs

Hi EveryoneI'm thinking of extending my line of FOs, only there's sooo many cool ones out there, i'm just wandering if there's a good way of testing for FOs. I'm not thinking in terms of actual selling standard, but just whether or not you like the scent / what the throw's like / how much to use etc. Anyway i was thinkin i could make small votives to test the FOs, but was wandering if anyone has any other ways they test for new FOs. Also how long on average should i leave the candle before lighting? I make straight paraffin pillars btw. Thanks

Well to be honest i've only tried a few FOs and just tested the candle generally, not specifically for FO!!! Just wandering how ppl particularly test FOs and the quickest way to do it!!!Lol!!!!!!

I was also wandering if people make one sort of candle for testing FO in general, was just thinking votives may be easy to test FO for, but was wandering what other peopl do!!!

I've been testing my candles for years and I have other testers too.

For one thing, I would make a regular size candle, just like the one you will put out to the public, made the same way you do if the scent is accepable.

Burn the candle in a room that it is ment for. Don't burn a votive in a great room and judge, burn it in a bathroom.

I make a 16oz container candle and cure it(soy wax) and set it on my coffee table in my great room. After I have lit it, the scent has one hour and a half to reach me upstairs. My log cabin is open concept with no interior walls and 30foot ceilings. Scents that are light will have two hours but they must come to me. I will not go to them!

If after the alotted time, the scent doesn't reach me, the scent is scraped and I move on. My standards never change and I have disguarded many scents due to failing my standards. Even if my testers are okay with their test, I'll scrap the scent because my customers come to ME and it's my reputation, not my testers.

You can try to take shot cuts but never ever take a short cut when testing a scent that will represent your name and reputation.

Fire:cool2:

I have a tester sheet on this site, in this forum and I'll see if I can find it and post it. Itt will help you test you candles.