Shiney soaps

Christina

How do you guys get yoru soaps so shiney nicely cut...you know, no hard edges. I'm new so I really need some details. I've heard of soap planers or something and borax baths or something but i really can't picture what these mean or how to go about them.

Christina

How do you guys get yoru soaps so shiney nicely cut...you know, no hard edges. I'm new so I really need some details. I've heard of soap planers or something and borax baths or something but i really can't picture what these mean or how to go about them.

Christina

I made a mellon-ball bevel tool to ease my edges. It gives my bars a "rounded" edge, not a 45* bevel as you get with the normal beveler. Some spritz their soap with alachol and rub down with ladies pantyhose to shine them up. I said some....not everybody does this...LOL:laugh2:

Some even wash them and polish with a soft cloth.

Hey Paul, you sure they are ladies pantyhose and not yours? LOL

Now that just made me spit my food on the computer!!:laugh2:

I guess pantyhose aren't just for legs anymore, huh? First candles now soaps. I haven't tried to shine mine up yet...I kinda like the rough look, but that's just me for now....:wink2: