Differance in soy and regular lotion ?

jamie

What is the main differance in a soy lotion base and a "regular" lotion base ? Can you tell me why one might be chosen over the other ?

Is it bacause Soybean oil is used in soy lotion, where reg. lotions use jojoba, almond oil, etc. Is this right?

jamie

I might try the soy but those gallon jugs are a bear to have shipped.I get most of my supplies close by.Fragrance oils I buy on-line but jars and gallon jugs of lotion etc I get local.I am thinking about hand sanitizer.I guess the more gallons I buy the cheaper.At least get it all at once would help.LynnS

What is the main differance in a soy lotion base and a "regular" lotion base ? Can you tell me why one might be chosen over the other ?

Is it bacause Soybean oil is used in soy lotion, where reg. lotions use jojoba, almond oil, etc. Is this right?

jamie

Yes this is right. Soy lotion just means soybean oil is the oil used in the lotion. Whereas a "regular" lotion would be made with some other oil such as almond oil or apricot oil. I guess you might choose the soy lotion if soybean oil is the key ingredient in the rest of your product line, so that they form a cohesive line with everything matching. Otherwise it probably wouldn't matter which base you get as long as it's of a good quality.