I need some help please.

My daughter and I have been making candles for about 1-1/2 years now. We make different kinds (container, Hurricanes and pillers) and are always experimenting but I want to make some to sell as a fundraiser and want to stick to one kind to make it easier and quicker to make. I'm hoping that I can get some candle customers also from the fundraiser as well!

I have decided to go with a soy container candle (I've never used soy before). I will be using 3.25 dia containers 2-4 in tall. The question that I'm having is what size wick to purchase and where the best place to purchase it from is. From my understanding if you are using a single pour soy wax, you need to go up in size in wick size? I want a good cold throw as well as a good throw when burning so I really need someone's help. I would like to place my online order tonight if someone can get back with me.

Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks bunches!

Just for starters, find a supplier closes to you. The rest? I don't use soy, so I can't help. Others will be along I am sure to help with that.

Up at the top are things in red called stickys. They have alot of info on suppliers, and some of them even have links to the old board that tell what wicks work with what wax and fo. Good luck and take your time researching!

Thanks for letting me know about the 'stickys', I'll check there. I'm not afraid to do the research on it and have spent countless hours and money on my hobby thus far (as I'm sure most of you have done as well!) One of my 'New Years' resolutions is to get my candle business up and running even if it is only with a few repeat customers. :grin2: