Squirt Bottles For Swirling

eugenia

I tried this a year and a half ago, when I was still swirl impaired and failed. I just gave them another shot and they performed beautifully. The trick is to remove the soap for coloring when barely traced. Using a funnel, I poured out 12 ounces two times for my colors, added the colors to the bottles and shook them to mix.

After the colors were bottled, I continued to mix my main soap to a medium trace and after shaking again, I squirted the colors into my slab mold. I used 16 oz bottles from the beauty supply store, intended for hair coloring but any kind of squirt bottle would work.

When I had my futile attempt, I'd waited too long to remove the soap for coloring and it got way too thick; lots was left in the bottle. I was able to get nice thin lines with these bottles, something I never seem to achieve with a pitcher.

e

I have some of the bottles, I got from the restaurant supply, but when I tried them, I waited too long and it got too thick too fast on me and I ended up with lots of soap still in them, and it was hard to get out. I want to try it again, at a much thinner trace this time. E, Let's see some pics! :D

I have some of the bottles, I got from the restaurant supply, but when I tried them, I waited too long and it got too thick too fast on me and I ended up with lots of soap still in them, and it was hard to get out. I want to try it again, at a much thinner trace this time. E, Let's see some pics! :D

Yep, exactly what happened to me before. This time I waited until the color went from clear to opaque, then pulled the soap for swirling.

I know this soap is going to discolor (Vanilla Bean Noel). I used some unscented and some with red orange mica for the swirls and put that baby to bed with no pics as you can't see much at this point.

Will keep you posted LOL.

e

Smart to shake to mix - Usually I pull out my swirl stuff and then whisk futilely and give up and SB in a tiny container to incorporate the color!

I've heard of someone recently having the top pop off a cheap bottle, she suggested the beauty supply ones too!

E - where did you get yours? Harmons in West Paterson only has tiny ones.