Have a ? about cocoa butter

prcandles

I was just looking at the miller soap page, followed along, and found the part where to find ingredients. Ok, so far so good right? I don't make any b&b yet, just because I am still having fun with candles, but I keep thinking, maybe soon. Back to the part about the cocoa butter. Is the cocoa butter found in the health and beauty isle the same as the kind you all use in soap? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for helping.

Pat

Bunny,

It is cocoa butter formula by Palmers

ingredient list:

theobroma cacao(cocoa) extract,Mineral oil(paraffinum liquidum), microcrystalline wax (cera microcrystallina), theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, dimethicone, fragrance (parfum), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), carotene (c1 40800)

So, it has cocoa extract, cocoa butter, vitamin e, preservatives, fo, and wax?

I am pretty sure that there is just cocoa butter out there, but this is what I have. I was kinda considering trying the Bunny Bath Melts...:embarasse

Not saying I won't, but not until I am really sure of what I am doing!

Thanks again, ladies, not just your help, but also your inspirations!

Pat

I was sitting here since I thought about this thread trying to come up with the name, but I can see it's already posted.

Actually on the Miller web site, somewhere, is a CP (or HP I guess) recipe for shaving soap that calls for a tub of this stuff! Honest!

Pat, pure cocoa butter is a harder texture I believe. Unless it hardens this way not sure how it would work in bath melts.

Carebear,

The stuff in this pot is really hard. Not sure what the consistancy of the natural is, never bothered to find out. But sitting around looking at this site and all this soap, I do believe before that grandbaby comes, I will be a soap making fool.:grin2: I would rather play with the lye free things for a start though. The bath salts, milk baths, the Bunny bath melts, the bath bombs...

I really appreciate how you all have been helping me out.

I will check back on the miller site again about that soap recipe too.

Thanks again,

Pat

The only pure cocoa butter, I have seen from Palmers, comes in a 1oz push up tube. All of their other products usually contain other ingredients. I have used the little push up tubes in a pinch. But even at Family Dollar those tubes are $1.50. That works out to $24.00 lb. :shocked2: I usually buy it for around $8 lb. plus shipping on the internet. Much cheaper!:yay:

There is a member here or on another forum that sells the cocoa butter $3.25 a pound and it is delicious (both in smell and taste.) I will have to find her name for you....I will never buy cocoa butter from another source again.

OMG, I am looking for a way to cook with it - it is the yummiest thing ever!