Blistex Flavor Oil

Livelovebath

ok i dont remember where I saw it but does anyone have some? Does it really smell like blistex, does it give the same feeling.. probably not.. humm... I am loving making lip balm and yet at this time of year i always need me some blistex.. and so does hubby.. I would like to fool him into useing mine hehe... any help would be lovely!

I haven't used blistex for a very long time so I don't remember what it is about it that one would be looking to duplicate, but isn't it kind of minty? I made a test batch of balms with about 5 smaller menthol crystals melted into the castor oil, added a bit extra beeswax (but I think too much- it's a bit hard) I also used peppermint & lemon grass Flavor oil and it created a really nice cooling balm. I can't really give amounts though since it was a 'bity batch', lol. Yanno- cap full of this, droper of that, shaving of that... etc. I just wanted to see what the MC will do and my conclusion is that yes, you don't want to go hogwild, but they are not really as caustic as people lead you to beleive. At least, me- well I was scared to drop in any more than 3 little crystals from all that i'd heard about how a little goes a long way. But I like them to perk me up, lol so I got brave. I could have been braver!:wink2: