"no tears" soap

CareBear

Is there anything such as "no tears" bar soap? My sister keeps on and on that she cannot use my soaps (CP) in her home because she only uses "no tears" bath products since she has a child (who is a bright 6 year old).

I know I cannot force her, but I'm curious to what degree she's making excuses - IS there such a thing?

Like Grumpy says, J&J is the tearless I used too. I can tell you one thing though, baby (tearless) shampoo is just about the harshest stuff out there as far as your hair is concered. My mom ( a barber for 30 yrs) recommended I use it on my oldest daughters hair once a week. She has very oily hair, and that stuff will strip all the natural oils right out. Great for someone like my daughter to use 4x a month, but not so great for all these kids that are getting bathed nightly with it. :undecided

How old is your sis? If she is older than 2 then surely she knows to keep her eyes closed when she washes her face with soap:laugh2:I am sorry, but I am dieing over here at the vision of a grown woman standing in the shower lathering her face....with her eyes wide open. Who does that?

I thought the secret behind tearless soap (J&J) was that they make the formula so it is about the same pH balance as water (6.7-7.0), which is close to the pH balance of our eyes (7.35), so it does not burn.

I thought the secret behind tearless soap (J&J) was that they make the formula so it is about the same pH balance as water (6.7-7.0), which is close to the pH balance of our eyes (7.35), so it does not burn.

Yes, Candlespa, that's what I thought too.

A ph balanced cp soap of 7.0 can be achieved but it is extremely difficult, and I have a hard time remembering how it was done. I think it was discussed here or on the old board. CareBear, maybe if you do a seach on PH balance you might be able to find it.

Good luck. :)

Yes, Candlespa, that's what I thought too.

A ph balanced cp soap of 7.0 can be achieved but it is extremely difficult, and I have a hard time remembering how it was done. I think it was discussed here or on the old board. CareBear, maybe if you do a seach on PH balance you might be able to find it.

Good luck. :)

Not trying to make one. Just double checking that my sister is full of sh!t.

Yes, no tears because of pH. You can't make bar soap get down that low - regular bar soap is around 10. I've seen a few claim low pH, but I honestly think it's not possible without going to other ingredients. That's actually why many detergent soaps and bath gels and liquids were developed - to reduce the pH.