Thanks a lot!!!

tychels

Made ya look...lol :wink2:

I am pretty new here. I have been making candles for a few weeks and I am having a great time playing and learning... I have been looking at and reading about all the cool B&B stuff. I never really thought about making it before...BUT since I am such a huge fan of B&B products, I thought it would be a lot of fun to learn to make some, so I am waiting on my first order of butters and oils to try my hand at lip balms,body butters, etc..

I never was inrerested in making soap.. I haven't used a bar of soap in years!! I remember them getting slimy and mushy after being in the shower for a while.. I started using body wash and never looked back...BUT..... after looking at all of these beautiful bars of soap and reading about all the different kinds, all the pretty colors and flavors for the last couple weeks, I am in awe of them! Looks like so much fun and now I want to make some too! :yay:

My husbands going to kill me!..lol;) So, ladies, short story long..lol Where do I start, Is there somewhere I should go to read and learn what to do before I get started? What supplies do I need and what's a good soap recipe to start with? I think the CP soaps sound cool.. I don't really know what exactly the difference in between CP and HP and which process most of you prefer..

Thanks for your time..

Sharon

Exactley what Chickie1st said. I have only been on the board just less than a year. Is kinda funny, because I wanted to ask, ask, ask all sorts of questions. But the bottom line is read through the forums, do searches, and check all the tabs to the left. Tons of info. You may want to check www.millersoap.com. I have learned a lot from there. Do a google search for soaps and decide if you are going to do cold press, hot press, melt and pour, ect. I started with m&p and advanced to cp and love it.

Welcome to your new addiction:D

Jennie

OK thanks! I will do that.. Thanks everybody for responding, I appreciate it:grin2: .. I wasn't sure if there was like a FAQ and TIPS link for newbies, like there is in the candle forum and I just wasn't seeing it..lol

Thank you!

Sharon