Body Butter Bases?

SoapDiva

I did a search a while ago on here trying to find out what your favorite body butter bases are.

I did find a little bit of concensus about KY's body whip. I ordered a sample of both the glaze (which I love) and the whip (which could be better, IMO) and have given them a try.

I *used* to use a base made by a company in Quebec, I would take their base, melt it down with a mix of oils that I chose (Shea butter, cocoa butter, Sw. Almond oil and in my foot cream I would add hazelnut oil) add water to make it as thick or thin as you want add FO and package.

Well, the man who formulated it was dx with terminal cancer, they closed down the factory and I have no idea if it will be offered somewhere else or not.

Is anyone aware of a *good* quality base where I can do the same kind of thing? Or even a premade one much like KY's, but with a few more oils and butters in it?

I do really like KY's whip, but I find the ingredients to be a bit sparse. See, I LOVE shea butter and would like to be using it more. My only other option is to maybe use the Soywhip for my standard line, and offer a pure shea butter whip.

Why not just do a whipped shea? If I can do it, anyone can. I tried several bases and didn't come close to happy. Making your own seems easier than what you were doing plus you can taylor it to your own liking.