Shelf Life

RXCMAS

Indefinitely. I have some soaps that are over 2 years old and they are FANTASTIC stuff. The older soap gets, the harder the bar, the milder it gets, and the more the lather improves. Old soap ROCKS. Give me a year-old bar anyday over a fresh one. :) The scent may fade if it's a couple years old, but as long as there are no signs of DOS, the soap is fine to use and wonderful.

Same as Crafty1_AJ, indefinitely. I've got some really old soap and although some of the FO's do fade, the soap itself is wonderful when it's aged. I've got a few bars I'll never use, because they were from the first batches I did (now that I found them, lol).

I recently found a bar from my 2nd batch - over 3 years ago. Still smelled fabulous (but not all FO/EOs will hold up this long), and it felt great in the shower! As long as they're made properly (good oils, proper measuring, etc), they'll last indefinitely, and be better with age. So we should change that saying.... instead of "like a fine wine, XXX gets better with age." We need to change that to "like a fine soap"...LOL!