Pink sugar

Scented

OK folks, for those of you who made this, how long did it take for it to discolor on you? I'm asking, because I have one that's just well not brown. Scent is from Solas and while it works in candles, it's so far a disappointment in soap ... not that not turning brown is a major disappointment, it just doesn't have much scent. I don't know if it will get better over time like other things, but just wondering other Pink Sugars have behaved as such and how long it took to go dark brown. Hope that made sense.

I have only used ICS' Pink Sugar and its awesome in soap. It smells up the bathroom it is so strong. It does take some time to turn though - a week at least. Once turned, I can cut it and the inside will be the yellowish white at first. After a few days, the inside is brown like the outside. I usually do a blind swirl with this FO. Only problem is, I haven't got my amounts that I don't scent correct to be able to see the swirl.

How long ago did you soap your Pink Sugar?

Soaped it on Sunday Mere! I'm a waiting for it to change. I didn't color it just so I could see how dark it would go. Not going to do much with it either if the scent doesn't improve greatly too.

I read on here once that someone had soaped Pink Sugar and it didn't turn brown on them. I can't remember where they got it from. Could the scent be there and you just can't smell it since your nose maybe is a little desensitized after soaping it? If you want to try some ICS' Pink Sugar let me know and I'd be happy to send you enough to soap. I think you would like it if you like this scent. I've yet to try any Solas FOs but will after the first of the year since you FOHOs keep tempting me. :drool: I'm trying to not buy any more supplies until after the 1st of the year so I don't have to inventory them. But just say the word and the PS is in the mail. :smiley2:

Mere, you know I wish it was a desensitized nose, but that nose smells everything else, just nothing off this FO. Now I don't find that to be all that uncommon, just annoying. Maybe it will spark to life as it settles in for the cure. We'll see. I just wish it would do something, stink, color or both.