Jump to content

Independent Contracters


Recommended Posts

I have people who want to do shows and sell my candles for me.

Now I know they are called independent Contractors and you give them a 1099 and they are responsible for all their taxes , ect.

Do any of you do this??

What would you pay someone doing this for you??

I have never been a consulant for anyone so I have no idea how this works.

Any suggustions would be greatly appreciated.:highfive: TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't have anyone working for me, but I was a consultant for PL for a while. They would pay us 25% of our sales (before tax and shipping). We would have to have a show totaling $350 and that's how we'd receive our starter kit. If we needed to purchase products to add to our kits they were 50% off and if we purchased things for personal use I believe it was 35% off. I don't want to type a book, and I could about PL, but I hope this is a start. Let me know if you have more questions. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I do is make the person selling for me get their own tax id#. That way they are responsible for collecting and reporting sales tax. I treat them as a wholesale account and they sell at retail, keeping the difference as their portion. According to my state, if I were to have any out of state consultants and didn't do it this way, I'd have to get a tax ID# for that state in order to remit the tax. WAAAYYYYY to much hassle for me. No 1099's either. This method has worked out great for me so far. HTH!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...