I need something in between a....

Christina

lotion bar and body butter. I was pretty sure I needed a lotion bar (because I really like my body butter THICK!!!!!! I have some that I bought years ago that is in a tin, you can ger a fair amount out when you rub your finger on it, but in no way would anything come out or even move if you turned it upsidedown and pounded the bottom. So, I thought a lotion bar was the thing, but now that I understand a lotion bar is kinda like soap that you rub on your skin but it moisturizes you instead of washes you, I'm at a loss. Is there something I can do to make a lotion bar a tad softer (since I want something in tin). Or is a lotion bar what I actually described? Thanks in advance for any input.

Christina

First, a lotion bar is like a giant chapstick that you rub on your body as a moisturizer. It's not for in-shower use unless it's specially formulated for that. Do a search and you can find a basic recipe and modify it to lower the beeswax or something.

Here's what I make like that - it's "whipped shea" that isn't whippy. I use 60% unrefined shea, 20% FCO and 20% olive oil. I do whip it but not till it's fluffy or anything - just till it's smooth and gorgeous. Then Ipack it into a small jar.

Or you could try just straight non-whipped shea, it's good but a bit sticky.

Oh, I didn't mean it was soap, it's just that the only form I've seen them in is molded and just wrapped up so it LOOKS like a bar of soap but you run it on you. So, it's hard like a soap, is what I meant.

Anyway, so, all I need to do is lower the beezwax? That should be easy. I think.

Christina