Bulb wattage for electric tart warmers

I don't have the warmers with bulbs, just the combo electric warmer with a heating plate for candles and bowl for tarts. They are 25 watt and I love them. Also love that I don't have to replace bulbs.

I use half GL 70/30 and half soy votive wax to make my tarts and they throw really well in my warmers. I've heard that any device from 17 watt to 25 is good, but I've only tried the 25 watt.

Mine have a 40 watt bulb. They work well for my paraffin, I can't help you with soy though, I don't use it. The meltpoint of my wax is 128 if that helps.

Thanks everyone.

Dee - I bought 2 - a ceramic type one which has a 25 watt bulb, and the other a tin one with punched decorative holes which came with a 40 watt bulb. I'm a bit worried that the 40 watt bulbs may be too hot - especially after reading the "smoking tarts" thread.

Bruce - never new they made ones with different settings - where do you buy those at if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks everyone.

Dee - I bought 2 - a ceramic type one which has a 25 watt bulb, and the other a tin one with punched decorative holes which came with a 40 watt bulb. I'm a bit worried that the 40 watt bulbs may be too hot - especially after reading the "smoking tarts" thread.

Bruce - never new they made ones with different settings - where do you buy those at if you don't mind me asking?

OBI wholesale has them. Check some of the coops that have gone on over the past month or so I think i saw some there

Bruce

Henry K

The 40 watt that I have is a punched tin like you mentioned, I have used it for about 5 years and never had a tart smoke. The only way you will know whether it works for your wax formula is to test it.

If you plan to sell tarts you may want to invest in a variety of tartwamers for testing purposes. I purchased a variety of tartwarmers, different wattages, some ceramic, some metal and I test my tarts to make sure they work in all of them. I wholesale my tarts to a gift shop and she sells all different types of warmers. I can't control what type of warmer the customer will use and if my tarts won't work in their warmer, they'll just buy a brand of tarts that will. KWIM

Good luck, I'm sure your tarts will be great.