basket help

PamR

I'm trying to put together a candle basket for a birthday gift. I'm embarrassed to say I've never done this! I am going to enclose the basket in cello, but how the heck do I keep the stuff from moving around? I used to do kitchen baskets, but the items were alot easier to stabilize!

Thanks

Pam R

Hi Pam, don't be embarassed about anything you have to ask! This is an awesome place to get great new ideas!!

When I do a tart warmer basket, I use crumpled newspaper to line and slightly fill in the bottom, and cover that over with shred. This way I have a good base, and can fill most of it w/ newspaper, and not the expensive shred!

Positioning stuff into the paper makes it pretty sturdy, and wrapping it up on the tighter side helps stablize it all a little more in the end.

HTH!!!:D

I have only done candy and cookies baskets but I use the glue dots and they work really good..:smiley2:

Sharon

that's good to know:) i sometime use a clear wrapping tape and wrap it lightly across the items. and when the cello is put on, it works:)

I have been working on baskets myself. This is before I covered them and added the bows. I used the Glue Dots on some of the items and didn't make it as tall as most people do. It helped with stabilizing. I think the glue dots are the best.

I think most of this is stabilized well....this is during the "half way" stage after the glue dots.

post-60-1394584158_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention that you can get them in different sizes. !

You can get them at most craft stores. Walmart carries them also. I believe they make some specifically for gift baskets and they are very sticky. If you want the super sticky ones you can try nashvillewraps.com or flowersincballoons.com they may have them

Sharon ;)

I have been working on baskets myself. This is before I covered them and added the bows. I used the Glue Dots on some of the items and didn't make it as tall as most people do. It helped with stabilizing. I think the glue dots are the best.

I think most of this is stabilized well....this is during the "half way" stage after the glue dots.

Wow, those look great. What price has to go on those?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I need to look into the glue dots! I will also use the crumpled newspaper, great ideas!

PamR

Wow, those look great. What price has to go on those?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I need to look into the glue dots! I will also use the crumpled newspaper, great ideas!

PamR

Hi Pam

They were $200 each. (Which would be a wholesale price. She is a really good friend of mine)

They contained:

1- Hand Carved Candle (include small oil)

2- 16 oz Candle Tins for Warmer

1- Warmer

3- 8.5 oz Tumblers

4-8 oz Candle Tins

2-2oz Candle Tins

1- Extra small square pillar

1- Votive

1 Snowman (2 candles)

1 Crystal Star with candle

Here is the finished product:

post-60-139458415831_thumb.jpg