EcoSoya Pillar Blend - Soy PB

I have not used soy wax before but I'm thinking of switching to completely soy. The one that I constantly am hearing about is Ecosoya. Can anyone give me their experience with it, their advice regarding it and if you would recommend it.

I am making primarily pillar candles, so I'm looking for something with a good outward appearance, throws a scent well and does a nice job layering.

Thanks!

I just started using the EcoSoya Waxes. The Pure Soy I use for my containers and the Pillar Blend I use for my votives. (I haven't made any pillars yet, one step at a time lol) My first votives came out nice. I used the metal molds with the wick pins and they released easily and looked good. The cold throw was excellent however the hot throw was so-so. I was going to attach a picture but for some reason I am not allowed to do so? If you want let me know and I will email it to you.

I also wanted to add to make sure you get a lot of sample wick packs before you order a bunch of one kind. A lot of people have different issues with wicking soy wax. I started with the ECO wicks and have used hemp cored and also the RRD's, all with no luck. I think I am close to narrowing my problem down to the dyes in the wax however, and not the wicks. :undecided

I dont use the container wax, but I do use the pillar blend. I wont use anything else! It's a terrific soy wax, and the only one I have tried that I dont have frosting/cracking problems with. Great cold and hot throw, easy to use, etc... I definatly think you will be pleased with it, and I am sure if you start testing other waxes against it your probably gonna go for the PB, as far as soy is concerned anyway. HTH! :grin2:

• 2 weeks later...