How do you stand...

SoapDiva

The suspence?

I soaped my FIRST batch of soap last night and I SOO want to cut into it, use it and dance around the room all giddy like....

The recipe is as follows:

Palm - 7 oz

Olive - 26 oz

Coconut oil - 7 oz

Cocoa butter - 3 oz

French Vanilla FO - 1 oz

Almond FO 1/8 oz **

Cinnamon FO - 1/2 oz

** I was PLANNING on making a French Vanilla & Almond blend, but I underestimated how much Almond FO I had on hand, so I figured I'd make a spicy vanilla with a hint of almond bar. LMAO!

I made this last night at 11pm, I think I've peeked at it 20 times by now. Bad me.

I can't help it. Then, allllll night I was dreaming about making soap. I knew I'd get the bug after my first batch, and now I've got it BAD!

I'm sad now though cause I don't have enough supplies to make more NOW of the same batch.

This just means I can make some castile soap then.....he he.

Up till now I've just been making B&B stuff so I haven't been buying large bottles of FO. I've got a whack of 15 ml bottles, looks like I'll be making some baby batches!

Well, some do HP to deal with it.

I personally do batch after batch after batch. Want some soap?

And yea, you will find yourself ordering 4-oz "sniffies" cause it's got to be enough to soap with...

Lmao!! How true is that! A 1-2 oz sniffie is worthless in the soaping world! LOL

*sigh*

I just made more. A Castile. 95% Olive, 2% castor and 3% beeswax. I scented with 1 oz of Lilac on 46 oz of oil.

I spent most of the day scrounging through the oils that I do have, and trying to match recipies. I'm not confident enough to try and make up one on my own.

Damn, I'm realizing just how useless my million 15 ml bottles of FO are. :o

My husband called me a junkie tonight! :D

Yeah, custom blending is a good idea, and you can also layer the fragrances. Some layer VS or BBW scents and just use different colors for each scent. I know exactly how you feel, I have 300+ 1 oz bottles of FO. I finally broke down and ordered that 25 compartment mold from shapemasters and I am going to do 1 pound batches of HP with each and every bottle. It should be arriving today, I cant wait!

Creating your own recipe is pretty easy. You just need a good balance of oils that work together to create the kind of bar you are looking for. Soapcalc is pretty good to use to punch in oils and percentages and see how you like the figures. You will have a lot of fun!