Newbie in the Making

I am very excited right now:yay:. I had christmas early this year when my starter kit got here from Peak Candles a few days ago. Although I wanted to rip everything open and get started right away, I took a few days to get to know my equipment and get to know all the instructions. FINALLY today, melted my first pound of wax, added fragrances and dye, poured my wax into the mold, took notes through the process...and now I have to sit and wait...how can you stand waiting. Anyway, I have been reading a lot of posts on this message board and just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice :smiley2:

Welcome Makukula! Get ready to be addicted :D . I started making candles around 2 months ago and I still can't stand waiting. Especially when you are trying something new.

Like right now, I'm patiently waiting until I can unmold my first rustic candle. Scented is so right...new molds, containers, FOs all over the place. Have fun!

Hi Makukula,

Newbie here as well. I know the impatience aspect, as a matter of fact I just posted something along those lines :).

Sorry I can't help you with the relief holes, as I have no experience doing that. But you may want to romp around the web site from where you bought your kit from and see if they have a FAQ on candle making, or even better just use the guidelines here in the "basic instructions" on the upper left of these web pages.

Good luck!!!

hi, newbie here also, i did relief holes in pint jars @2 hours after pour. my instructions said 6 hours, but i figured that if it has set and is cool enough why not, and i did the repour at 4 hrs after 1st pour. candles turned out great, but the scent is horrible, working on my sinus's...its called mulberry twist..and it has to be the most awful i have ever smelled...i just hope the candles itself wont smell as bad or strong. good luck

and i can tell you, there is alot of wonderful ppl here that will help you with any problem, and have great advice..one big extended family is what i feel..:)