Wax bears

http://www.candletech.com/waxdippedanimals/

There is a tutorial on how to make them, and let me just say, my whole holiday season so far was spent making the little suckers and I couldnt make them fast enough. Any scent I have tried so far has been great on them, and the people getting them are in love with them. The scent lasts a long time, and when it fades a little, a warm hair dryer can perk them right back up.

Today I am cranking out 7 of them. 6 are going to one person!

I got orders usually 3 at a time. I had one lady come and order some for gift exchanges, teachers, and even had one lady come and get some to take to a nursing home she volunteered at. I have one guy that ordered a few for his mom and sister, and when his girlfriend saw them she wanted some for herself, so he's ordering but for after the holiday. I'm telling you, those lil cuties are great gifts.

So when you are done with them and they are all dry, do you wrap them in bags until they are sold?

Me personally, I make to order. I have one I have made up that's for display purposes to show people what they will end up like, but otherwise I dont dip them until they are ordered. I always keep plenty of bears (and other critters) and FO in stock. Not sure how everyone else does though.

Me personally, I make to order. I have one I have made up that's for display purposes to show people what they will end up like, but otherwise I dont dip them until they are ordered. I always keep plenty of bears (and other critters) and FO in stock. Not sure how everyone else does though.

Yep same here. Made to order only. Just make sure you don't use container wax. I use pillar wax usually.

Hello all, I am just getting started on these but I do have a question. How much are you guys charging for the bears?

For me, it depends on how much I put into it, as in accessories. Like the above post, for that size I charged 12 and it had the ribbon and was in the cello bag, a letter from the bear (really it was instructions and warnings) and tied off with pretty ribbon. I made one for a baby shower gift with a girl headband, girl socks on it's feet, and a cloth diaper and charged 20 for it. I also had it in a basket with other things since I was putting in on the gift with my son.

Thanks ladies, one more for you.. Is there a place where you can get these animals pretty cheap or are you just picking them up at local stores?

Thanks again!

Tamara

I get mine from suppliers. Also, right now there is a co-op going on for the First and Main bears and their site has perfect bears for dipping. BCN and Millcreek are a few of the places I had ordered from for my dipping needs.

For me, I have tried dipping cheaper bears and they just didn't make me happy. The quality of the bear being able to hold up being dipped and hair long enough to comb out is important to me, that's why I stick with suppliers. Others may have other experiences though.