Lush's Glitterbug

MochaMama

I want to make this bar!!! I have mica and my basic lotion bar recipe. The question for you experts is - about how much mica to use for a 3 oz bar. I want the bar to tranfer a sparkle to the skin, but not turn the person into that girl in Goldfinger. I will experiment, but would like a starting point - would 1/8 tsp be too much for a 3 oz bar?

Thanks in advance.

Oh gosh, that's really hard to say. I would think 1/8 tsp for 3 oz. would be a lot but maybe not. I used 1/2 tbsp for a 3 pound batch of soup when I did Jack Frost and I had tons of bling bling. You could try a test batch and see what your results are and that should give you a starting point.

Oh gosh, that's really hard to say. I would think 1/8 tsp for 3 oz. would be a lot but maybe not. I used 1/2 tbsp for a 3 pound batch of soup when I did Jack Frost and I had tons of bling bling. You could try a test batch and see what your results are and that should give you a starting point.

Thanks Sherie - Maybe I"ll start with 1/16 and work my way up - I'm just going to melt and remelt the same 3 oz until I get the bling that I want.

seems like 1/8 might be a little much on 2nd thought. I'll let everyone know. I'm sure my little ones and hubby will be "sparkling" the next few days!

LOL, I can relate. My 26 y/o son grabbed a bar (without really looking) and jumped in the shower. After he got out and got dressed, he found me and had a very disgusted look on his face. I asked him what was wrong. He asked "when did I start putting girlie glitter in my soap?" LOL, I told him it was just that bar to reflect the scent name. He promptly picked out another bar of soap and handed me the Jack Frost. Have fun and good luck! :highfive: