8oz square mason jar wick size

Hi all! Has anyone used Fillmore Containers Wholesale before? I found a great price on these jars. I use HTP wicks and would like to know what size of wicks everyone uses on a 8oz square mason jar. I have used the 8oz round and the only one that seems to work is an HTP 1212, but from what I have been reading that could possibly be too big. I have teasted 104, 105, and 126. These sizes have not produced a very good melt pool. The 126 took for ever to catch up with 2 to 3 burns. Is that normal? Is that how long it usually takes? Oh yeah I use 1 to 1.5 oz FO per pound. someone please help I need advice.

thanks,

tasha

Hi, I use the 1212's for my heavier oils such as patchouli, etc and then I use cotton wicks for everything else the 62's or the 60's but mostly the 62's. I have often thought about trying Filmore containers, what are their prices for the masons and do they include a lid. Sorry if I could n't be more help.

janis

You don't say what type of wax you use ... that would be important to know. And, I'm assuming you know that you need to wick up or down accordingly.

By the way, I buy from Fillmore also. Depending on where you live ... you might find a supplier that is closer to cut down on shipping. Candle Science carries the same jar and their customer service is outstanding (they are located in NC).