Finally got a finished product, tell me what you think!

lsbennis

Hard to see in the pic. but I did notice one other thing, you have Approx oz's as to how much is in the container. You can't do that, the Government Agency of Weight's & Measures requires an exact measurement. You can say there is X amount in there but that measurement must be equal to or less then the average of all that size container.

For example I sell 8oz Jelly jars, they hold 8oz's of water but only 6oz's of wax, some a little more like 6.3oz's, but on average 6oz's so I put 6oz's on the label.

To find out how much a container has in it...

1. Place empty container on scale.

2. Press the tear button to take that weight out.

3. Now weigh several of that container, that is filled, and find an average weight.

You can list the average weight or round down to an even weight.

For example if your average weight was 6.7oz's then you could round down to 6.5oz's.

Now in your calculation of your cost you need to remember to go with the average weight so you get a more accurate cost. Otherwise if you used the rounded down measurement, to figure your cost, you would be loosing money.

Great....thanks Candleman for that info I wasn't sure about how that worked, I actually saw it written that way on another candles I purchased so I figured it was ok but I'm glad to make the changes now then after I printed out 100's of labels...:wink2: Thanks again for the tip...:highfive:

Great presentation, beautiful candles. Looks quite cheery with those flowers (label).:smiley2:

JMO: If it were me... I'd make the "funky..." line a bit smaller so it doesn't compete with the "eco.." line. Also, so that "eco..." line will pop out a bit more.

Thanks Hope...I agree and actually the Eco Posh is a darker blue then what is showing up in the photo so it does stand out more in person. My printer was running low on ink so the labels came out a little lighter then normal. Thanks again for your thoughts...:wink2:

Hard to see in the pic. but I did notice one other thing, you have Approx oz's as to how much is in the container. You can't do that, the Government Agency of Weight's & Measures requires an exact measurement. You can say there is X amount in there but that measurement must be equal to or less then the average of all that size container.

For example I sell 8oz Jelly jars, they hold 8oz's of water but only 6oz's of wax, some a little more like 6.3oz's, but on average 6oz's so I put 6oz's on the label.

To find out how much a container has in it...

1. Place empty container on scale.

2. Press the tear button to take that weight out.

3. Now weigh several of that container, that is filled, and find an average weight.

You can list the average weight or round down to an even weight.

For example if your average weight was 6.7oz's then you could round down to 6.5oz's.

Now in your calculation of your cost you need to remember to go with the average weight so you get a more accurate cost. Otherwise if you used the rounded down measurement, to figure your cost, you would be loosing money.

That's right, it is against the law. Watch for the candle police, they are everywhere. Imagine having to wind up in jail over this. LMAO

Clearly it is an excellent example of what most of us would strive for. Wick is centered, labels are clear, no fingerprints that I can see, and why would there be candle man?

Again, beautiful candle.

Since those are clear labels, how are you avoiding fingerprints from showing?

The clear labels are a PITA but I try to just barely touch the edges just enough to get it centered then I only need to touch the top to adhere and I have noticed that with the white candles once you get the label on it does not seem to be as noticeable, however I have noticed that with darker colors you can see it more so I haven't quite figured out how to beat it yet but I'm working on it. :wink2:

That's right, it is against the law. Watch for the candle police, they are everywhere. Imagine having to wind up in jail over this. LMAO

Clearly it is an excellent example of what most of us would strive for. Wick is centered, labels are clear, no fingerprints that I can see, and why would there be candle man?

Again, beautiful candle.

There was a post of a member that was audited by Weights & Measures but I don't remember who it was.