Shed for workshop?

We have an aluminum structure attached to our house for storage. It is similar to the freestanding aluminum sheds.

I was thinking of putting a window air unit in and making it my workshop.

Has anyone else done this? How did it work?

I liv ein FLorida, so I am wondering if the window unit would be enough to keep the room cool.

My workshop is a shed. It's an 8 x 10 wood frame with vinyl siding. Boy do I love it. I use a space heater in the winter. It gets hot in the summer though.

Putting an air conditioner in yours will solve the heat problem, but what about cross ventilation?

Our house is a 2 story metal building...outside the kitchen door is the shop. That's where I pour candles. I freeze to death in the winter and it's hot in the summer but adding an air conditioner helps. Today I am pouring candles in the kitchen cause I can't get the temperature up past 58* and that's too cold. As long as you can put heat/air in it, should work fine. Maybe some exhaust fans to help get rid of the fumes. TV, cd player...all the comforts of home. Ginger

I have a large shed for a workshop as well. I have heat for the winter and a small window AC unit for summer - but neither of those would be efficient in my situation without insulation. We use 6-inch batts of insulation here, which helps tremendously. It's well worth the expense and work of installing the insulation.

I also use a fan with a window cracked in winter and the door open in warmer weather for ventilation. I do stained glass in there too, and it can get nasty fumes going when I'm soldering.

Lori