GL 70/30 users....

Hi. I only tested a few candles with the 70/30 but I believe Henry liked the LX wicks the best and many on GL's forum use the ecos. They have a forum section under 70/30 and you can find a lot of info about what people are using and liking. It is kind of lower on the list of forums, so you have to scroll down some to find it. Hth. Beth

I use the ECO's for single wicking, and the LX series for double wicking. HTH! :grin2:

same here...although I'm not happy with the way the LX do the 90 degree sideways dance once they get down into the jar. I guess I'm too picky but I also dislike the lopsided burn of these curling wicks.

Just tested low smoke zincs from WSP and they burn great but I've never had as many mondo mushrooms as well as afterburn and LOTS of smoke at blowout!!!! I'm returning all unopened bags!

Just ordered Hemps to try at Holly's recommendation. She also uses GL 70/30 and really likes these. They don't curl :grin2:

Hmmm, I havent had the LX series curl on me. I tried the low smoke zinc from WSP also, and I had mushrooms the size quarters, and the smoke when I blew out the wick, wowsers! I have also heard great things about the hemp wicks, but havent tried them. Let us know how testing goes. :wink2:

I use ECO's for single wicking as well and Hemps mainly for double wicking. I sometimes have to use RRD's if I get a fragrance that hits inbetween sizes. Like Ah-Soy said, the hemps stay straight up. They will mushroom a bit but not BAD mushrooms. I have only used this wax in squaty wide jars, so I have not had any problems with soot. So, I do not know for sure how Hemps would be in taller jars, but I have not had any problems with them sooting bad with my soy when I use them once in awhile in the taller jars.

I should say though, that I have not had any luck at all wicking the GL 70/30 in taller jars. No matter what wick I use I get weak flames close to the middle range and down. Even when I used a really big sized wick (wicks) it helped but they looked ugly after -- big stumps -- and still a little weak later in the burn. This is irritating because I would like to also offer this wax in the 16 oz. jar as well as the 10 oz.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

~Holly

Ah-Soy....where do you get hemps at..I have not tried those yet. I seem to have the best luck with the Eco's but they do tend to curl and sometimes to me it seems like they have a burnt smell :confused:

I just ordered some from Nature's Garden...they have all three sizes, but unfortunately no sampler packs. They are pre-tabbed and primed. Holly may have more info. on suppliers as she recommended them to me.

By the way, I've also noticed a burned smell with the eco's...

Ah-Soy....where do you get hemps at..I have not tried those yet. I seem to have the best luck with the Eco's but they do tend to curl and sometimes to me it seems like they have a burnt smell :confused:

I get my hemps from Bittercreek North. They will ship USPS so that works out great when I am in a pinch for time or running low, etc. I can't think of who else has them at the moment.

I have not noticed a burnt smell yet with the ECO's. Although, I have not tested with them much since I mainly double wick with Hemps and RRD's in my large jars. I did run a test in the status jars with a couple of scents. I may have noticed a little bit of a burnt smell with a pine scent but do not know for sure if it was the wick or the fragrance. I also used the ECO wick in Taylored 50/50 in a one wick jar...using the fragrance oil called Vanilla Spice...which I can no longer get from BNL. :cry2: