regular tarts and clamshells

Ok have a question....I'm too perfectionistic for my own good....do your tarts have a dip in them at all...not a major dip, but a slight dip? I'm trying to get a formula for a perfetly smooth top and it's not happening...just wondering if I'm being too anal about this.

Secondly, on clamshells, do you pour to the top of the dividers, or all the way to the top of the clamshell?

Thanks!

Chris

My tarts do have a slight dip also. The last ones I made, I let cool on top of stove that was still warm, no dips. I think it has to do with how fast they cool. I may try turning my oven on warm just for a few minutes, then turn it off about an hour before I pour. I use Ezsoy and a little beeswax. I hate those dips! I get them mostly in the ones I make in the mini muffin pans.

Like I said, I 'm new at this and this is the first time I got the dips out of maybe, 20 trays.... I hope to pour some today and I'll let you know what happens....:embarasse Who knows, I might have candle eyes along with candle nose:cheesy2:

I have a question for those of you that pour the clamshells. What I am picturing are the ones with like, 6 divided sections that folks can break apart and melt as many as they'd like... ok, my question is, how MESSY are these to pour? I have no problem pouring into the mini muffin pans, sometimes they can be if I am in too much of a hurry, or if my hand slips. So, in my mind, filling up those shallow little plastic compartments would tend to be nerve-wracking and not make a huge mess!

Can I get some tips from you all? During off season, I may want to try something new, I have lots of folks who buy my tarts, and I thought they'd get a kick out of trying them!:cheesy2:

it's not messy at all....the clamshell holds 2.5-3oz of wax....you fill the clamshell to the top so all 6 cavities fill as well as the remainder of the clamshell to the edge....there is no mess at all...just pour, let it cool, and shut the top when you are done! I've poured a couple to test and it couldn't be easier.

I have a question for those of you that pour the clamshells. What I am picturing are the ones with like, 6 divided sections that folks can break apart and melt as many as they'd like... ok, my question is, how MESSY are these to pour? I have no problem pouring into the mini muffin pans, sometimes they can be if I am in too much of a hurry, or if my hand slips. So, in my mind, filling up those shallow little plastic compartments would tend to be nerve-wracking and not make a huge mess!

Can I get some tips from you all? During off season, I may want to try something new, I have lots of folks who buy my tarts, and I thought they'd get a kick out of trying them!:cheesy2:

Oh, I love the clamshells and they are so much easier than pouring into those molds and having to pop them out hoping they will not break! The clamshells you just pour it in and close the lid. Couldn't be easier and then you can just pop them out 2 or 3 at a time. However many you may need. They are awesome!