Xmas sparklers

scentsibility

Still trying to perfect the Razzle Dazzle candles.

I'm using Diamond Dust ...and adhesive spray...if I really pile on the Diamond Dust then the candles aren't sticky to the touch...but the Diamond Dust comes off in my hands when I touch the completed candles. Here's a couple of photos...these are so incredibly sparkley, but it doesn't come through in the photos...they are green and red chunks, with white overpour..scented Bitter Creek North's fabulous Snowberry.

xmascandlesbc7.th.jpgAny advice on keeping the Diamond Dust on the candles?

dsc00145sy8.th.jpgdsc00148tu8.th.jpgAlso..I am not getting a great burn pool..using IGI4625 paraffin with Lx18 and Lx20 wicks..which is what I always use for this scent and size..is it cuz they are chunks..do I need to wick up?? I am now trying a flatbraid for 3 inch pillars to see if that helps.

Advice?????

If you don't like to use the spray adhesive you can try hitting the candle with a heat gun & then sprinkling on the glitter. I do this with my Christmas Tree's, but I do them green with white tips so if I get any dripping wax it usually adds the the snowy branches look.

You can also try modge podge (sorry I don't know how to spell it) I don't remember it being as sticky when it's dry.

Dough edited because I wanted to tell you how nice those pillars look.

Karen B

I tried both ways..I think that the adhesive is only dangerous when being sprayed out of the arosol can...however, I did take some Pam..which takes the adhesive off things..sprayed it on a papertowel and wiped around the wick and outwards..leaving just enough Diamond Dust around the lip of the candle to sparkle nicely. That improved the burn immensely. So, the ones I have made since...I just put alittle diamond dust around the lip.

I also have been taking a heat gun to the candles I just made and then rolling them in the Diamond Dust..seems to work about the same as the spray adhesive as far as holding it on there. Just let them cure for awhile...you will still get alot of drop off, but they are so beautiful no one cares. My house is totally sparkes...it's everywhere...but, I always liked sparkles, anyway.

:D