8ozMason CDwickingw/FH 50/50&SnowyPine Fo

Sheesh! I read somewhere a CD 10 but I search and read alot, Have I done my homework?:undecided

I still have yet to try the FH 50/50 Blend and I want to make an 8 oz mason for Hubby, who decided on the Snowey Pine FO from FH!

I am ready to melt the wax, just so tired of trying to search and not finding the right thread! GAH!!

TIA!!:D

I made 12 8oz square mason jars last night. I did 6 different scents. Each scent was wicked with a CD14 and CD16 as that was what I found researching on here. I'm using CBA. I searched by mason jars, mason wick, and something else, don't remember. It took a little while, but that's what I came up with. I don't know if your jars are square or what size, so the wick you have may work. Hope that helps, sorry if it doesn't! :)

Stephanie

Sharon, I thought it would be too, but that's what I come up with researching. Anyway, I'm starting with CD14 and CD16 and if they're too big, I'll go down. I just didn't really know where to start! :) If it wasn't for this board, I would probably be testing every wick out there! lol

Stephanie

That's cool! I hope it burns well for you and you find a good wick for it. My dad wanted a pine scent, but a certain one and I never did find it. At least you can pop that wick out to test another. I just poured a jar for each wick, but if they don't work, I'll melt my wax and pour it in a clamshell and use it myself! lol Let us know how it goes.

Stephanie

I ended up repouring it with a CD 10. The temp was still around 130 so I just reheated it on the stovetop to 150, my testing pouring temp... to avoid cracks...

This is the FH 50/50 blend and FH Snowey Pine

I only made 1 6 oz of wax for an 8 oz tester and added 1/8 FO...:drool:

Weighed it all, but rewicking took a toll on my measurements, so now I am under the "lip of the mason jar...

But I think I may like this 50/50 blend better than EZ Soy...

I like pouring at a warmer temp, and I think the throw will be better IMO!

Thanks for all the help!!

candlebuddy, what wax do you use? I'm testing CBA. I tested it in some 5oz apothecary jars with an HTP52 but did not work well, plus I don't think I want to use those jars anyway. I did let one cure for 5 days and got a scent throw on the first burn and then nada! Figures! lol

Stephanie

Also, I was surprised when I found the thread on what sizes of wicks to use in the square masons that someone posted using a CD18. Anyway, I'm gonna test them next week and see what happens.

Cool! That's what I got! My problem is, I'm impatient and I want to burn it NOW! lol Unfortunately, I can't play around with those tonight as I already have all my jars filled and have to wait for them to cure, so I'm gonna do some votives since I have no work on my job! lol I told my boyfriend we're gonna have to build a house with a full basement and I get the whole basement as I am running out of room in my house for my candle supplies! lol It would help if I didn't have a full room of craft stuff, but hey, I can't help it. Thanks for answering back. I'll have to post next week on how they burn!

Stephanie

Well I found the thread I wanted here: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38308&highlight=farmhouse+order+question

And yes I did my home work I was correct and Candle Buddy confirms it:

Originally Posted By Candlebuddy:

I use CD's with it. In an 8oz square mason jar, I usually use CD10's and 12's depending on the fo. With the Snowy Pine, I use a CD10.
Just never thought I was so studious to bookmark a page but I did!!!:grin2:

I was going nuts because I knew I had searched and read about 8 oz square masons with FH Blend and Snowey pine and cd 10's!!!

Thanks Candle Buddy!!!

Where do you get the 50/50 blend? I am still fairly "new" to this forum, and don't know what all the abbreviations stand for. I love ez soy, but hate that I have to pour at such a low temp.

Edited to add this:

OOPs, I just read up a little higher and saw the other link to that post, and now I know what FH stands for! :o