Zinc Wicks

izzy2

low smoke zincs and zincs are different wicks, the low smokes are a newer wick, that supposedly (obviously) doesn't smoke as much as a reg. zinc sometimes does. ;)

I personally have not tried the low smoke zincs, but I really like my reg. zincs, and if wicked properly etc. have little if no smoke at all.

HTH

I know you can buy those low smoke zincs at WSP (Wholesale Supplies Plus) but not sure of any other site that offers them.

low smoke zincs and zincs are different wicks, the low smokes are a newer wick, that supposedly (obviously) doesn't smoke as much as a reg. zinc sometimes does. ;)

I personally have not tried the low smoke zincs, but I really like my reg. zincs, and if wicked properly etc. have little if no smoke at all.

HTH

I know you can buy those low smoke zincs at WSP (Wholesale Supplies Plus) but not sure of any other site that offers them.

I fully agree! I've tried other wicks but have always returned to my zinc wicks. They give me what I'm looking for .:highfive:

I use mostly low smoke zinc now, and they are different than regular zincs. They burn slightly hotter and smoke less, although they still seem to mushroom at about the same rate. (and I agree, regular zincs don't smoke much anyway if wicked correctly). I like them because if I need a wick slightly hotter than a 51Z, I can use a low smoke 21 (which is supposed to be the equivalent of a 51Z, but is actually closer to a 60Z). They also have a size that's larger than the largest zinc wick (a low smoke 15) so it gives me one more size to work with when my other zincs aren't large enough.

DanaE