Silicone Mold Wicking

You can also use a wick rod if you don't want to put a hole in the mold. I tried some that didn't have a hole and I just pushed a metal rod down in there and made a little indent for the rod to sit in (made sure it was centered) and then use something to hold the rod across the top like a wick centering tool or even some masking tape (just make a criss cross with the tape and poke the rod thru it). Worked pretty good. I also think there are some suppliers that sell silicone molds that already come with a wick pin in them, but I don't know who right off hand. I'm sure someone else here would know. HTH :)

Mine don't come with wick pins but the majority of my molds have the little hole in the bottom that doesn't go all the way through for the wick pin to sit in. If you have to put a wick in the mold than you'll want to put a very long piece of wick. That way when you pull out the wax piece the wick comes up with it. Saves a lot of time finding the hole and threading and less wear and tear on the mold. hth

Janet