Need quick advice please :)

ruba

I have just finished pouring a batch of soap and it is only about 1/3 inch below the top of the mold. The saran wrap is touching the top...I have tried putting on a few different pieces on it and everythime I think it is not going to touch it falls onto the soap. Is this ok?? Will I just have to plane the soap if I want it smooth?? Please help..

TIA!!

Yes, it's fine

You can plane it or you can smooth the plastic wrap down onto the soap to make it smooth. The plastic wrap shouldn't melt from the heat, although I have heard of that happening.

Personally, I'd leave the wrap off the soap, heat the oven to 170 then turn it off. Place the soap in there and go to bed. You should have soap in the morning.

WOW!! That was fast Carrie...Thank you so much. I will just let it sit there all wrapped up in its towels for an hour and check on it then. Thank you so much for the fast response... I REALLY appreciate it:D

:highfive: So far it looks good, just a little light ripple on the top where the wrap was...no biggie. It also gelled!!! I did a 2# batch in a rectangle rubbermaid drawer organizer, all the batches I have done in these haven't gelled...I think the difference was I put a towel under my mold so that my Silestone countertop wouldn't soak out all the heat...it kinda like marble/granite very cold! And then I covered it al up with the towels.

Yeah!! Maybe this batch will not have ash like all the others (4 batches):D

Thanks again for the quick help last night, I really appreciate it!