More wicks

Ok, first off I would love to thank everyone that posts on this site. It has been a HUGE help for someone like myself just getting started on a new hobby and hopefully a lucrative business. I raised a few questions about wicking earlier and would like to revisit it.

I am trying to make a candle that is as close to all natural that I can. I have plans on and all natural candle (EO & no color) but first things first. I am using Eco Soya CB Pure Soy. I poured a few containers using a cherry FO. The candle looks great, no wet spots, very little frosting and has a tremendous cold throw. However I am still having problems with the burn.:confused: I first tried some of the ECO wicks and wasn't too thrilled with how they burned so I tried a flat braid and that also is not burning well. If I am trying to make this candle as close to all natural as I can so I don't think I should be using a zinc cored wick. Is there a favorite type of wick that anyone has consistent success with or how about anyone that has had success using the Eco Soya CB Pure Soy.

Thanks, you have no idea how much this site has helped. I'll return the favor someday as soon as I build up some experience and knowledge!! santa cool

First off, just be careful of using the 'all natural' on anything. Yes soy wax is made from a natural product, soybeans, but in most cases it is not organically grown or naturally processed!!

You still have many good wicks you can try, HTP, CD, LX, cotton and hemp cored. I personally don't use your wax, so I can't tell you which will work better in your configuration. Buy a bunch of sample packs and start testing. Bitter Creek has all of the above in sample packs.

Another thing, using EO's in candles may not give you the kind of throw you want. Many EO's are strong enough to use and get a good hot throw, but many are VERY light and will not have a strong burning throw unless they are mixed with something a bit stronger. Alot of your citrus EO's if used straight, will give off a nasty fuel smell. Have fun!! :cool2: