Is all soy the same?

I use EZSoy from BC and most times I have a hard time with a good hot/cold throw. I find that I add more scent than is supposed to be added and now I'm wondering if that might be the problem as well.

Is all soy the same? And what might I be doing wrong?

I've just started playing around with this to give tarts as gifts for Christmas. I want a 'divine' smell...lol and don't want to embarrass myself.

Thanks in advance! =)

Suzy

I have not used EZSoy but I had been ordering EcoSoya PureSoy and used it in clamshells and have had awesome scent throws. Recently I purchased EcoSoya CB Advanced by mistake. I have gotten a hot throw in a jar candle after 5 days of curing with cinnamon bun. I have had scents that will not throw in the PureSoy. That just happens. I would keep testing and researching on here will help tremendously. Eventually you will figure out what scents throw well in the soy you use and what ones don't throw at all.

Stephanie

In the case of a wax melt I kinda doubt that adding more fragrance equals less throw. You get into some tricky stuff sometimes when there's a wick involved, but otherwise the FO makes it smell stronger to more you add. Just be careful that you don't make the tarts sweaty or dangerous because of separating oil. Keep it within reason.

If you're just interested in making tarts for Christmas at this point why don't you make it easy on yourself. It doesn't much matter what wax you use as long as it holds scent and melts in a warmer. You can use a votive/container blend like Candlewic CBL-129, make pretty tarts and not have to deal with hit-or-miss soy throw. Hopefully, problem solved.

After the holiday pressure is off, you can get back to your soy projects or whatever you want to try.

Curing time with soy is a must. The longer you let it cure, the stronger the throw. A week's time should be sufficient. It's hard to wait though, so don't get impatient and try to burn it anyway, because you'll be disappointed. Another thing is that some scents just don't throw well in soy. The only way to know which ones they are is to try them and see. It would also save you money if you bought scents from a supplier who lists scents that have been tested in soy.

Thanks so much everyone....I think most of my problem is impatience! lol I hate waiting out that 'curing time'.

Next time I order I think I'll try a soy blend. Until then, I'm so addicted to doing these tarts that I've moved up to votives. At first my votives left alot to be desired but now they are soooo pretty and smooth on top! (imagine if I could learn to do a pillar! :D )

I'll try the higher temp when adding the FO, and maybe the wait will be worth it?

Oh one more thing...what is a sweaty tart? Now I'm a bit worried...I would never want to hand out something dangerous! Ugh!

Thanks again,

Suzy