A different left over wax question!

I hope I can put this question out so you can understand it.

After I pour my wax with FO and color into my jars, I have a little wax left over in my measuring cup. I go ahead right away and start melting more wax for another batch in my melting pot. Can I pour it right into my measuring cup with my left over wax from previous pouring in it and then add more FO and color for my next batch? If I can does the previous wax need to be heated to a certain temperature? I always add extra wax to my measuring cup to make sure I have enough for my jars.

I appreciate all your help you have given me so far.

I have done that, where If I didn't have enuf wax to fill up containers,

I would either pour them into tarts molds.

or I would pour them in the container, make new batch, cause I want to make sure the blend, f/o and color are exact, so then I would pour into the container. But when I make candles I don't color them. My customers perfers that...so I don't worry bout matching colors. LOL

HTH

Dani

I use a tart mold to pour the extra into. Or I make a small layered crazy candle for my kids lol.

I try to clean my pot out well with rubbing alcohol to kill the fo that might be left- I don't want to contaminate one- I might make a blend I wasn't planning on! it only takes a little sugar cookie or apple cinnamon to really change something!

-Kristi