Witchhazel

ubure

Oh, thank you Doneen and Bunny - that's what I need to know. Ours is the same here! By the way - do I need a preservative f I use the distilled water, hazelwitch, fo recipe? I'm a bit afraid that the spray could be contaminated at a certain "age"..

Alcohol is supposed to be self preserving at 21% I believe, so unless you know the dilution of the witch hazel to alcohol, I'd use a preservative to be safe. All those little airborn particles is just begging to get in the eyes!

There honestly isn't a natural preservative I can recommend, because no natural ones I have tried have passed the at home tests.

Check out this link: http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21759 and see which one might fall into more areas of useability (I love making up new words) for you. Personally, I use Phenonip, but it does have to be incorporated at higher temps, creating an extra step in making the room spray.

The only one I wouldn't recommened is the straight up Optiphen, as it works only for bacteria, and not for yeast and fungus. There are other options for Optiphen now though, the ND and a few others that cover all bases.

Happy reading!!!