Last Show Over

sharyl55

Thanks goodness, I had my last show Saturday. No more packing car for an early morning trip. I'm just not a morning person. Did OK, just over 5x booth fees with lots of interest in my Memory Candles. Got orders for 5 at the show and gave out lots of brochures. Thanks goodness for the ornies. They smell so good folks just followed their noses to my table. Best sellers were Cinnaberry ornies and Spruce Christmas Tree votives and Chestnut and Brown Sugar wax melts.

Had some kids doing their Christmas shopping for Mom. That is always fun. The kids have to smell everything and are so serious about making their selections. I love it!! Two little girls had stopped at another table and were sold an oyster cup for votives. I explained to them that oyster cups were for tea lights and that votives needed a taller container. Then I sold then one at my cost since they were so disappointed. Don't understand why people take advantage of little kids. Now to get busy filling Christmas orders. Hope everyone has a great week.

Did my last one this past Saturday as well. Got candles and bnb hauled in for winter. Still trying to get it put away. I'm not a morning person either so glad not getting up so early on weekends. :cheesy2:

Finished here in my town and did a lot better than I expected. Will celebrate with an order from JS!! Also did the Farmers Market this summer here so was a familier face to many. Got to get a Church project done then time to plan next year and get ready for the Spring shows.

We are getting close to the season end as well. Just completed a 3 day show over the weekend and had a nice successful time.

The show organizer repeatedly apologized to me. It seems the booth on the other side of the aisle showed up with candles for their entire booth when they had put down on their entry knitted stuff or something to that effect. I do know that when we were tearing down on the last day she apparently had a very stern visit with them about that issue. Wrote the check for next year as she was apologizing again. Wherever we go it is all good I told her. Wasn't gonna let it bother me and it didn't. After I had packed up after the show was over I went to her and she said are you hear to complain too? I said NO I was here to thank-her for giving us the opportunity and that we had a great time. She was relieved to have some one thank-her.

Had a candle groupie bunch from a previous show find our website and came to the booth on the 2nd day with more friends. I love that. :highfive: They did buy and boy did they. It must have been 15 women caused it sure seemed that way. It was fast and furious for probably 30 minutes. It was very nice when they said that they had come to the show because they had found our website and saw our show schedule. It does work. Yippie

Finally the weekend ended with a bang when friends of mine said "Hey we want to see your candles" So after packing up on the show I went to their house and did a candle party. That was a first. 2 couples bought over $150 worth of product and said the next time that I am in town to let them know as they will have another "candle party" and would invite more friends. Here is the kicker. They also buy candles from the competitor that just happen to be the product that was placed in the booth across from me at the 3 day show.

So all in all it was a nice weekend. My basketball team even beat the #1 college team in America too.

Rockin

That is great your show went so well. I have my last show this weekend and hopefully it will bring in enough money so me and the hubby can take a vacation to the coast. The promoter gave me a nice discount for the show and separated me and the other candlemakers. Not a big deal because the other one just makes pillars and their is going to be a Salt City person, but she is considered commercial and she just has her head in a book avoiding the customers. I would love to sell every candle so I don't have to take any home, but I have to stop dreaming. If anyone has a show this weekend I wish you all the best....