Making soap?

countrycandles

Hi countrycandles,

This is what I did when I started making soap about 2 years ago. I went to my local library, took out all the books I could find on soap making.

Read it, went out bought all my ingredients and started to play.....I used the recipes that where given in the book.

I preferred the books rather then the computer for my first month or so in making soaps. You have the reference right beside you. I used the computer to research the oils and print out the information, recipes you name it I printed it for my binder.

Never thought of joining any forums at the time. It wasn't until Jan 06 I joined.

I still rather google everything...its amazing all the information that is available.

Hope this helps,

SP

I started with craft store mp. If you have tart molds, some of them can be used for soap molds as well as some cupcake pans. At my local Walmart they have silicone flower-shaped pans that work nicely for soap.

Have fun and you'll start eyeing objects around the house with a new perspective - pringle cans make nice circular molds, ice cube trays make nice chunks . . .