Making Molds

Hello everyone!

I LOVE the George Carruth candles at Aspen Bay, and naturally the question that occured to me is, how can you make your own molds? I was at Michael's the other day and saw a mold casting kit. I didn't take a close look at it, so I'm not sure if the material was appropriate for making candle molds. If anyone here makes their own molds, could you please point me in the right direction? My own limited research has turned up quite a list, but I'm just not sure where to begin. Thank you!

Mary

Here is a good place to start www.smooth-on.com

The largest special effects supplier to the movie industery.

You've seen their Liquid Rubbers and Liquid Plastics used to create Special Effects in such blockbuster movies as the original Jurassic Park, Anaconda, Free Willy, Star Wars, Star Trek (TV Series and Movies), Die Hard, all Harry Potter Movies, James Bond films, Matrix Series, King Kong and many others too numerous to mention.

There is a supplier in Dallas,TX and they also offer 2 day seminars. Also check out the DVD's they are well worth the investment.

Rubber mold making is an expensive investment, more so than candle making. Un-like candle making, if you make a mistake you can't re-use the rubber like you can wax.

HTH - Candle Man