how long...

latch

The longer it cures out the longer it will last. Using it too soon will make it disolve faster. But it depends on how often he uses it and how much lather he makes with it but mine last longer than that. my bf uses a bar every 2 weeks or so and uses it everyday atleast once but then there is hand washing, etc. Of course that is a good 4 or 5 oz bar. I never use the same bar continually as I have to try all of them plus the ones from swaps so I really do not know how long it lasts for me.

Takes me a couple months to go thru a 4.5 - 5oz bar. DH can go thru it in about a month. He's bigger, harrier and uses a wash cloth like a sander. I like a puff. Bars used as shampoo go 3 weeks or so, maybe a month. The hair does take them down faster.

should a bar of handmade soap last... One of my tester says he goes through 1 a week. Isnt that fast??

Are we talking melt and pour or CP? I find that melt and pour soaps just melt away fast. Our CP bars last us about a month. I use a soap saver for a few of mine, and mostly I use a loofah or puff. My sink soaps last even longer, and I am a wash handsaholic (hehe.) If the soap is in a soapdish it lasts even longer.

If the soap is not dried between uses or if it's kept in a damp environment, that will help it to go faster. And as other's have said, it also depends upon how the soap is used and how frequently it is used.

My kitchen & bathroom sink soaps last so long I get bored with them and pitch them so I can use something different. Our shower soaps last anywhere from a week to 2 weeks if everyone is using them, but there are at least 7 of us bathing here, some days more.

If I am the only one using one of my bars, it'll last at least a month, if not more.

For Christmas, I give my brother 6 bars and that lasts him an entire year.