Pier 1's New Candles

I checked these out yesterday. Appealing to the eye, but the reflective overdip coatiing scratches off very easily.

[ATTACH]9234[/ATTACH]

These are quite nice also. I think the outter shell is the hard gel similar to Candlewics' with a paraffin type wax poured inside.

[ATTACH]9235[/ATTACH]

post-166-139458413961_thumb.jpg

post-166-139458413964_thumb.jpg

Well I used to love Pier One candles for their looks, but man they really flop all over and spill etc. and it doesn't take them long

A friend of my husbands girlfriend bought a candle from Pier 1 cost her $70 and that was on sale, anyway we went there for dinner and she had burned it for only an 1 or 2 hours and it had dripped ALL the way down one side and just burned that way for her until she got sick of it and got rid of it!! Appealing to the eye but I would rather pay $70 bucks for a candle that burns right!

Well I used to love Pier One candles for their looks, but man they really flop all over and spill etc. and it doesn't take them long

A friend of my husbands girlfriend bought a candle from Pier 1 cost her $70 and that was on sale, anyway we went there for dinner and she had burned it for only an 1 or 2 hours and it had dripped ALL the way down one side and just burned that way for her until she got sick of it and got rid of it!! Appealing to the eye but I would rather pay $70 bucks for a candle that burns right!

Buy in the USA. IT's cheaper. J/K! Yeah I know what you mean on your statement. I couldn't agree more, but it would be hard for me to pay $70 bucks for any kind of candle.

The last Pier 1 candle I ever owned was a gift in a gift exchange; they didn'tknow I was a candlemaker). It had an approx a6 inch diameter and was about 8 inches tall -- 3 wicks. Quite beautiful, and the rustic finish was eye-catching.

That said, when DH and I burned it, all wicks tunneled, and the candle was only wicked about half-way down. We were left with this big chunck of crap.