natural soy (464)

can anyone tell me what the differences are between the different numbered and brand waxes??? I am using cargill c-3, but found a local company that sells natural soy 464, 119,125,135 and so on........can anyone help. I am looking at a local company www.thecandlemakersstore.com anyone ordered from there or know about these waxes???

do you prefer the 464? or are the others fine

I suppose I'm not the one to ask since I'm not big on any all-veggie soy waxes. Both 464 and 415 (125 MP) have adherents so you might want to give both a whirl and see if you like either of them.

I think the 119 MP and 135 MP shortenings aren't commonly used straight for container candles.

I get my wax from CStore. Last I saw they have the 402, 415, 444 and 464.

If I had to choose a wax that was easiest to use, without having to add anything to it, the 444 would be my first choice, followed by the 464. They both are formulated with additives that make it easier to pour hot, with very little touch-up work afterwards (like poking and heat gunning).

If you like to play around and make your own special proprietary Mad Scientist blend, then the 415 or 402 is your choice. Both are straight soys with different melt points. the 402 is 119 MP and the 415 is 125 MP. The 415 works well with up to 3% beeswax, while the 402 with up to 3% Universal Soy Additive behaves almost the same was 464. They make great waxes to mix together. I presently use a blend of both with some USA in it and it does a pretty good job. Antoher advantage to blending your own is you'll have less trouble if there is a variation between batches of wax in the same number. We've had chandlers who got different burns out of the same wax but from a new lot/batch. Anyway it makes me feel better.

HTH! geek :D