IYHO who has the BEST pre-made bases?

beau's mama

OK, I'm ready to try my hand at making a lotion...but the thought of making it from scratch makes me nervous, that whole water, preservative, % stuff scares the HECK out of me! So I figured I'd try a base. I'd like to try an "as close to natural" base as possible. I got some samples from Denhams Naturals (silk & shea, goat's milk & olive oil) They have some really great ingredients, but I couldn't really tell the difference between the 3, and they all were missing that "glide" i want so desperately, but the FO's (from lonestar) are holding up so far in my tester bottles. Here's the link if anyone is interested http://denhamsnatural.com/Bulk_Products/Lotion_Base_Aloe.htm

So, anywhoo, any recs on who may have a good, mostly natural lotion base decently priced? I have searched...and searched....and searched...and frankly, I'm a little overwhelmed, soooooooo I decided to come where I know the experts hangout & where I know I can get honest opinions!

TIA to all answers!

Sharon

for premade bases, you can browse these sites & start ordering sample sizes of them & see what you like. I'm only listing ones that I know I've either tried myself, or know others who have, & are happy with. There ARE more out there that people love, but I'm thinking off the top of my head here:

www.essentialwholesale.com (have alot of all natural bases)

www.soapandthings.com (it's Jody's & they have many many bases that the other places have.......kind of like one-stop shopping)

www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com (their Goats Milk lotion is great)

www.essentialsbycatalina.com (nice body whip)

www.candlesupply.com (bitter creek north) (people love their stuff)

www.millcreek.com (soy)

THANK YOU ALL!

:D

I've run across some of these suppliers in my searches' date=' and now I can feel a little more comfortable knowing that the "experts" recommend them. Looks like I'll be busy tonight![/size']

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sharon

so have you narrowed it down or will you be getting samples from all of them