Has anyone used laser printer labels in an injet printer?

Sndfrddy

I've been printing my own warning labels now. Was looking at prices at labelsonline.com and thinking of switching to them. I can get 2.5 inch round gloss labels for a laser printer cheaper than I can for an inkjet printer. I have an inkject printer. What would happen? Thank you!

I use laser printer labels in my inkjet printer. Haven't had a problem yet with them. So far I used them in my Epson and my older Lexmark printer. Just for the heck of it I just blasted out a few just to make sure there wasn't a issue before I make any comments to this thread.

There was no smudging right after they came off of my Epson printer. I even tried running a few of them under hot water to see how well the Dura-brite ink holds up. That wasn't a issue either.

It has a LOT to do with your printer - I can't say for sure on all of them, but Epson tends to have waterproof inks, and HP and Canon don't. If the ink in your printer doesn't run on regular paper when you get it wet, then you might stand a chance, but then it starts to depend on the labels - if they're too glossy or waxy then your ink won't ever dry... Best thing I would recommend would be to see if they will send you a sample before you buy a lot of them.

I've been printing my own warning labels now. Was looking at prices at labelsonline.com and thinking of switching to them. I can get 2.5 inch round gloss labels for a laser printer cheaper than I can for an inkjet printer. I have an inkject printer. What would happen? Thank you!

I have used laser labels (white) on both an HP and a Canon without trouble. At Staples, they told me that it should be fine to use laser labels with inkjet printer, but not the other way around. Looks like you will need to give it a try and see if it works for you.

Janette

I have used laser labels (white) on both an HP and a Canon without trouble. At Staples, they told me that it should be fine to use laser labels with inkjet printer, but not the other way around. Looks like you will need to give it a try and see if it works for you.

Janette

I think lasers get a lot hotter than inkjet, so if you put the inkjet labels in a laser printer you might end up with a gooey mess, ruining your printer.

A word of caution regarding store personnel advice--sometimes they are right and sometimes they are seriously wrong. Always check your printer manufacturer's instructions. Using incorrect material in your printer can void the warranty. Don't even think about taking it back to the store and say the employee said it would be ok to do. The employee will deny it, and say it is your responsiblity to read the instructions.

As was said above, the different labels have different adhesive....But the most important difference is the paper....Inkjet labels are open grain which allows the ink to absorb and dry by evaporation....Laser labels are smooth and the toner is heat set to attach....With a good magnifying glass you can actually see the difference......Inkjet labels will look much courser...RCS...