Soya+

I've been seeing people in the UK talking about a soy wax called Soya+ Apparantly it's really nice to work with and produces better looking candles than ecosoya. The container version is pellets and the pillar is flakes.

Has anyone heard of it? There are a few people selling it in the UK at very high prices, so I wanted to see if I could get some to play with from the source.

Thanks

Nat

Sounds very much like the wax I got from Full Moon's.

The container wax was lovely to work with, smoother & creamier than the cba. From what I remember the pillar wax was nice too but I know more about soya wax now so I'd like to try it again.

It was pretty expensive tho'.

Good luck with your seadch.

Sally.

Hi Natasha. You can get Soya+ from Full Moons. When I bought my soy starter kits from Trina at Midnightstar Candles it came with Soya+. I found it very easy to work with. The only downside is the price as it is twice the price of Ecosoya. I don't know what Ecosoya is like to work with as yet, saving up my pennies to get some though.

Ruby

Thanks Ruby and Sally,

I know about Full Moon's wax - it's outrageously priced, there is no way on god's earth I would pay those prices. What I'm looking for is the supplier that THEY get it from. I would like to know the manufactuer so I can buy 50kgs for testing direct, rather than paying 500 quid for that much from Full Moons.

Nat

You won't get any joy there. I asked them who manufactures it and they emailed back stating that they do not give out that information and what did I want to know about the wax.

All I wanted to know was whether Cargill was involved or not as I personally don't agree with their methods. They said that it's NOT made by Cargill but they were intrigued by what I had to say and asked if I had any proof. Funny, but they never got back to me when I gave them a few links about their involvement re the South American rainforests.

Ruby