anyone make a glycerin shaving soap

elle110

Do you mean MP or making your own the CP way? I make a MP shaving soap with clay and castor oil added to it. It gives an amazingly close shave when used with a shaving brush. The clay gives it slick and the castor gives a bit of a lather. I add about a tsp of each to 4oz of base. My husband was a real picky shaver, he never used any soap or foam, preferring a 'wet' shave under the shower head. He loves this recipe and uses it all the time now which is saving me money on hot water :D

I was wondering if you add b&b safe FO to this and how much? TIA Cindy/WI

quote=Peachdream;345171]Do you mean MP or making your own the CP way? I make a MP shaving soap with clay and castor oil added to it. It gives an amazingly close shave when used with a shaving brush. The clay gives it slick and the castor gives a bit of a lather. I add about a tsp of each to 4oz of base. My husband was a real picky shaver, he never used any soap or foam, preferring a 'wet' shave under the shower head. He loves this recipe and uses it all the time now which is saving me money on hot water :D