Craft Fair - Day Two

Bev

Sales on Day 2 were as bad, if not worse, than Day 1. Had it not been for a fellow vendor purchasing a case of my candles for Christmas gifts for her book club, I would have hardly made a dime today. The school finally got the A/C turned off in the gym ... but it was hotter than a firecracker by mid-afternoon. No happy medium!

This year I made 3 times my booth fee, down from 7 times my booth fee last year. Being in the last row of vendors in the back of the gym, behind a vendor with a huge partition that was three booth spaces wide, I think no one knew I was back there. Probably thought her row was the end of the line. Foot traffic was dismal in our row, but if you walked around the corner, people were everywhere. The person selling tie-dyed tee-shirts next to me sold only 3 shirts all day today. She had a much better day yesterday.

Well, it's hit or miss when it comes to craft fairs. At least I made enough to cover my booth fee. Hope all the rest of you who did craft fairs had a great and prosperous weekend!

I'm very sorry this happened! What I do, no matter how I do, if I like the show and I do great, I preepay for my booth at the end of the show. That way, nobody can take my booth space. I do this at several shows and I done shows where I had to earn the right, through attendance that I belonged on the main floor.

But that certainly doesn't help when they stick you in a dark corner with a partition blocking others from seeing you!!:tongue2: I'm surprised that even allowed! I seems they should have placed that person again a wall or something! JMO but I think I would have said something.

I sorry things didn't work out Bev!:cry2:

Fire:cool2: