Calling All Virginians

I have been making candles for a loooooonnnnggg time and I learned very early on that C&S is sucks. Their products are way overpriced, and the FO's are horrible. You dont know what you are missing if you are getting them there. You need to do some serious shopping around. The way to getting around the high shipping is to order all of your items at once instead of ordering here and there.

I too have been doing this for about 12 yrs and I have only had issues with C&S with their wax. I love their Baked Apple Pie. I cannot find it that strong anywhere else. I have tried almost everyone's and none make my customers say OMG like this one. I want my Apple Pie to smell better than Home Interior and it does.

As for other fo's, I go to justscent, bittercreek, makescents, candlewic and blue moon candles.

Sometimes when you place a large order, they box it separately anyway because I also order most of my specialty jars online and those coupled with a couple cases of wax is outrageously heavy. Oh well, I am looking now for jars around my area. There has to some type of suppliers in VA.

Depending on what type of jars you are looking for, there is a distributor of Fillmore Container in Harrisburg, VA. I am thinking they only carry canning jars though. I drive up to their warehouse in Lancaster three times a year to get all my jars, except the Apothecary jars, which i have delivered in mass by a truck from Cleveland, actually cheaper than driving and paying gas for my truck.

Have to say that C&S is the only supplier I get next day UPS deliveries from which makes them a good supplier in my book. Like any supplier some products are better quality than others. You should always compare prices and balance cost vs convenience. I keep a running list of candle supplies I need to order. Then I can check various suppliers to see who has most of them at the best price. Of course when you are out and desperate you do what you have to do.