Speaking of potpourri

DW wants some for work so I'm going to try Stone Stew South as suggested. I thought we'd just put it in one of the prim tin plates, but she wants an enclosed container for work. I have seen some of them - those glass globes with a wire mesh cover. (I can see how they would be good if you have cats/dogs too). Trouble is, they are so modern looking.

Has anyone come across any prim-type potpourri dishes that have a cover on them? Any other ideas? I was thinking of a wide-mouth mason-type jars decorated a bit, but wouldn't know where to get the covers, and I really don't think those smelly jelly type lids would allow enough scent out.

TIA

DW wants some for work so I'm going to try Stone Stew South as suggested. I thought we'd just put it in one of the prim tin plates, but she wants an enclosed container for work. I have seen some of them - those glass globes with a wire mesh cover. (I can see how they would be good if you have cats/dogs too). Trouble is, they are so modern looking.

Has anyone come across any prim-type potpourri dishes that have a cover on them? Any other ideas? I was thinking of a wide-mouth mason-type jars decorated a bit, but wouldn't know where to get the covers, and I really don't think those smelly jelly type lids would allow enough scent out.

TIA

For some reason I can't enter pictures on candletech anymore so I am trying to enclose a link to the page, it would be 5th one down on left side. It is one of our candle jars but it could work for potpourri well.

http://gcnv.com/wst_page5.html

wst_page5.html

Maybe a square mason with a little tulle or netting over the top? Lacey stuff might work too.

Yep - just found this: http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/SimplyMJ/articles/column46.asp (1/2 down the page - I'd probably use a wide jar or container and skip the lights or else use those cold LED-lights - I'd be too nervous to use the regular ones - though I guess that would throw the scent better)