Will this work-rebatch???

brydean

Hello all!

I was wondering if someone could tell me if my idea makes any sense!:wink2:

I made a batch of CPHP last week, it is the nicest soap I have made so far! But, I used Lime EO and whil it smelled really good when I first made it but now it has almost no smell left. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my scents right. The color is also a little brighter than I would have liked.

So I was thinking of chopping it all up adding some water and popping it in the oven for a few hours to melt. Meanwhile making a new batch of the same soap with ALOT more EO, and then mixing them together. Does this make sense? Or does anyone have a better suggestion for this newbie!:o

TIA

You can chop it up and mix it as chunks with the new soap; no need to rebatch. If you have titanium dioxide, you can chop it, cover and melt adding no additional liquid as the soap is fresh. Add more EO and the TD when completely melted. My favorite method is to use an oven roaster bag (meant for meat) tied with string in a pot of simmering water. This method dries the soap out the least IMO.

Yup, you can either rebatch the whole thing, or do the chunk thing like E recommended.

But, about the EO. Citrus EO's, as much as I love them, tend to fade horribly in soap. I'd recommend using no more than 1.25 oz ppo total, and if you need more than that either anchor it with a bit of patchouli, or blend it with a lime FO.