Premier 700 burn rate/ consumption chart

Unfortunately, all they have to offer on the Premier wicks is a suggested use/size jar chart. They said that they haven't had these long enough to be able to do a burn rate chart. Seems like they would have tested before, but who knows. I have a bunch of the Premier here to test, but just haven't had the time. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for the thoughts!!

I am interested in testing them again. I did get a sample pack last winter, and tested them, but I really want to try again.

I currently use the htp 126 for my 1/2 pint, and pint wide mouth jars, and would like to retest the premier wicks. I am also killing myself trying to single wick the standard 4" wide apothecary jars, 10oz, and 16oz to add to my line.

I am testing the htp 1312, and 1212. They both work great if I let them burn for hours.... I was hoping maybe the largest premier wick is hotter.

Back to testing!!

Thanks again!!!

1312 will not burn hot enough to single wick a 4 inch jar I have tried and tried you think it will at first and then it fizzles out in the middle. I think someone on this board did try it with the 700's and it was a no go. I have noticed these large soy companies like R**t and B**np*d and they use blends and use a zinc wick. A lot of people just have to throw in the towel and double wick. Besides its not that bad, It gives a greater scent throw.

Ya know, I really wouldn't bother.

We all secretly hope for a wonder wick that can solve problems for us, but realistically I think Premier 700s don't do anything so special that other flat braided wicks don't do. It's not like this company has the experience and R&D to work miracles and blow away the offerings of Atkins & Pearce or Wedo.

Sure, every line of wicks can have certain advantages. I'd love to mess with them some more myself. But there's probably no advantage that isn't outweighed by the fact that other excellent wicks are available in any quantity you want, any time you want, from suppliers all over the country.

As for that burn data, OK maybe they don't have time to do the testing. But providing yield numbers doesn't require burn testing and it would be invaluable for comparing with other flat braided wicks and guestimating what size you might need. I'm sure they're received countless requests for wick data (including twice from me) but they can't even provide yields. Lame.

Stacy,

Thanks for the info. I am ready to throw in the towel too. I dont know why I am really hoping to single wick. I have never had a double wick candle, so I really shouldnt judge, right???;)

Top, I am sure that you are right about the Premier wicks. I am very happy with my burn for my current jars, so I dont know why I was looking to mess with the formula. I was curious to see the charting, to see if their largest wick burns hotter than the htp 1312, or even the rrd, lx, eco, etc... The charts are so important. Thanks for the thoughts!!

• 3 months later...